Thursday, April 19, 2012
choco fudgy cake
3 cups All purpose flour
2 tsp Baking soda
1 cup Oil
1 1/2 cups Castor Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Yoghurt
1-cup Boiling hot water
1. Prepare 2 8” cake pans.
2. Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
3. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and the salt. Keep aside
4. Beat together the oil and sugar till light.
5. Beat the eggs lightly with the vanilla. Add into the oil mixture a little at a time.
6. Add in the flour, alternatively with the yoghurt and water
7. Pour into 2 sandwich pans, alternatively you can use a 3” high 8” pan.
8. Bake for around 25-30 minutes, till a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
9. Cool on a wire rack, before icing.
10. Fill and cover one half with the butter cream, put them together.chill well, cover with Ganache as demonstrated. ice with buttercream
11. Ganache should be slightly warmer than under your lip before you pour it on the cake.
120 gm Melted plain chocolate
150 gm Unsalted butter
160 gm Icing sugar
30 gm Cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp Vanilla essence
1. For the icing- cream the butter,the cocoa and the icing sugar.
2. Add in the cooled chocolate.
250 ml Cream
400 gm Chocolate