Hi everybody...this is a winner with my kids,husband and our friends..there are many recipes around but after a lot of trial and error I can confidently say that these CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES are fool proof...it's almost impossible to go wrong..
4.5 ounces of dark chocolate( I use morde) finely chopped
110 grams of butter
3 large eggs
3/4 cup castor sugar-approximate 150 gms
1/4 cup all purpose flour(35 grams)
Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
5-6 moulds or ramekins depending on size
1. Preheat oven at 200 degrees C for half an hour
2. Butter moulds and dust with chocolate powder so it sticks to the butter..tap away excess
3. Put chocolate and butter in a double boiler whisking every now and then until melted. Add vanilla extract
4.In a bowl whisk together eggs,sugar and gradually flour until well blended. Slowly add melted and cooled chocolate-butter mixture
5. Pour mixture into moulds / ramekins and put in oven ( up and down grill on)
6. Place in center of oven and bake for approximate 12 mins or until sides leave moulds and top is cracked but wobbly.this time will vary from oven to oven..start checking after 10 mins
7. Remove and serve at once.have straight from the mould until u try it a couple of times..then you can start turning it upside down once you are more confident. Serve with vanilla ice- cream..
PRINTER FRIENDLY RECIPE(CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES)