250gm Plain Flour (Maida)
2tsp baking powder
2tsp ground cinnamon
125g brown sugar plus 4tsp for sprinkling
60ml runny yogurt ( add milk if the yogurt is too stiff)
125ml vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C
- Peel and cut the apples into small pieces.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and mix the cinnamon.
- Whisk together the 125gm brown sugar, the honey,yogurt,vegetable oil and the eggs in a another jug.
- Chop the almonds and add to the flour mixture. Put half the almonds in a bowl with the brown sugar and cinnamon; this is the topping.
- Now fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Muffin mixture means it will be a bit lumpy.
- Put the muffin mixture into the muffin liners and sprinkle the topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then place on wire rack for 5 minutes and place them on a wire rack till cool.
- I used only 4tbsp of honey; makes the muffins less sweet but perfect.
- Almonds should always be added according to your instinct.