ALL THESE RECIPES ARE ALL TRIED AND TESTED AND YOU WILL GET TO SEE THE ONES THAT CAME OUT PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!THIS BLOG HOLDS MANY DELICIOUS CULINARY CREATIONS SO PLEASE DO JOIN IT AND SUBSCRIBE TOO.. .YOU WILL KEEP GETTING MANY MANY MORE TRIED AND TRIPLE TESTED RECIPES..
1. Basmati Rice - 4 Rice cooker cups (I measure rice with rice cooker cups and rest with US standard cups)
2. Chicken - 2 pounds/1kg, with or without bones cut into medium sized pieces
3. Oil - 1 tablespoon
4. Salt - 2 tablespoon
5. Cardamoms - 2
6. Star anise -1
7. Food color/Saffron - Mix with 1 tablespoon of water.
1. Cloves/Lavang - 6
2. Cinnamon/Dalchini - 1 inch piece
3. Cardamom/Elachi - 4
4. Star Anise - 2
5. Black Cardamon - 2
6. Bay leaves - 5-6
7. Black peppers - 20
8. Javitri/Mace - 2
9. Shaji Jeera/Black Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
10. Yogurt/Curd - 1 1/2 Cup
11. Green chilies - 2, Split
12. Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
13. Salt - 1 teaspoon
14. Mint - 1 cup, chopped
15. Cilantro - 1 cup, chopped
16. Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
17. Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
18. Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tablespoons
19. Oil - 2 teaspoons
1. Wash the chicken pieces and drain all the water from it. Make small slits into the chicken pieces with knife, in this way the spices incorporates well into the chicken, Add salt, lemon juice, turmeric and leave for 10 minutes. Add rest of the ingredients for marination and refrigerate overnight, or at least 3-4 hours.
2. Rinse the rice and soak it in water for 30 minutes. In a heavy deep pan boil about 2 liters of water. Let the water bubble, add salt, cardamoms, star anise, oil to the boiling water and cook for 1 more minute. Now add the rice and cook for just 5-6 minutes under medium-high heat(7 out 10 flame setting).
3. Drain the rice immediately. In a different pan add the chicken pieces, spread them flat and add the rice on top of the chicken pieces. Spread the rice in the pan, pour the saffron water, so that it spreads on some if the rice. Cover with a cloth and keep a plate or some heavy item on top so that the flavor wont go away, and cook for 10 minutes under medium heat, 10 minutes under high heat and again 15 minutes under medium heat(35 minutes total).