KFC STYLE FRIED CHICKEN(HOMEMADE KFC CHICKEN)
KFC style fried chicken is a homemade KFC chicken recipe prepared with chicken drumsticks or breasts marinated in a mix of curd, chilli powder, beaten egg and salt atleast for 3 to 4 hours, then covered with a spicy blend of all purpose flour mix and bread crumps and finally deep fried in oil.Everyone wonder about the taste of the KFC fried chicken and this recipe gives almost similar taste to KFC chicken but little spicy matching the Indian taste. This fried chicken tasted awesome with tomato ketchup. Try this homemade spicy KFC Style Fried Chicken and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken drumsticks/breast 8 nos
Curd 100 ml
Beaten Egg 1 no
All purpose flour 50 gms
Bread crumps 50 gms
Chilli powder 1 tsp
White pepper powder 1 tsp
Onion dried and powdered 1 tsp
Basil/Thulasi leaves dried and powdered 1 tsp
Oregano/Omam leaves dried and powdered 1 tsp
Green chillies chopped 1 no
Garlic dried and powdered 1 tsp
Ginger dried and powdered 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Wash and clean chicken. Drain water well from chicken.
2. Add beaten egg, curd, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, salt to chicken and mix well. Marinade it for atleast 3 to 4 hrs.
3. Ground all purpose flour,green chillies,white pepper, oregano/omam, garlic, ginger,basil/thulasi, remaining chilli powder,salt.
4. Cover marinated chicken with ground spicy all purpose flour mix and then with bread crumps.
5. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai and deep fry the chicken in a slow fire till it is cooked.
6. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
check out the step by step link to pictures