Wednesday, November 23, 2011
SOUTH INDIAN LAMB CURRY MASALA BY PREM SOMALINGA
Mutton(Lamb) 500 gms
Onion chopped 2 nos
Tomato chopped 3 nos
Green chillies chopped 4 nos
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Coconut milk of 1/4 no(medium sized)
Curry Leaves 10 to 12 nos
Vinegar 5 ml
Yogurt 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves 1 spring
Salt to taste
Oil 10 ml
1. Wash mutton and cut into medium pieces. Add 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp garam masala, salt, vinegar and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a big kadai.Add chopped onions, green chillies and fry in a slow flame till raw onion smell goes.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, curry leaves, salt and continue frying for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add garam masala powder, turmeric powder, corianer powder, remaining chilli powder and ginger garlic paste, salt and continue frying till the tomatoes get smashed well.
5. Add marinated mutton and continue frying in slow flame.
6. Add 2 tbsp of ground coconut and continue frying till oil starts to come out seperately.
7. Add coconut milk and required amount water and cook till the mutton is tender and oil comes out separately.8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and Serve hot with white rice, biryani, Indian breads.