Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CHICKEN SATAY IN PEANUT SAUCE (THAI CUISINE) (TRIED AND TESTED)



SAWASDEE to.....all my foodie friends!!!!!!! i am now in the magical island of koh Chang...for all those of you who have never heard of it!!!! its a drive from bankok and then a 45 min ferry ride...its absolutely quaint..quiet and peaceful.the beach is very clean and the activities are fab...scuba diving,golf,snorkelling,cooking( i never tried that (WINK) and fishing.i am totally motivated with energy and lots of peace.....today i took a beautiful thai cooking class in one of koh changs beachy homes..... i will be posting recipe after recipe but to start with..... i learnt the BEST chicken satays in peanut sauce from my thai friend n chef sheri..... we didnt have much time to marinate and yet the satays were soft as butter and the peanut sauce was delicious.......you can imagine how amazing they will be if you marinate for atleast 2 hours......... happy cooking...and here goes the recipe..






CHICKEN SATAYS IN PEANUT SAUCE
INGREDIENTS
1)500 GM CHICKEN FLATTENED AND CUT INTO 1 IN CH BROAD AND 4 INCH LONG STRIPS
MARINADE
1)3/4 CUP COCONUT MILK
2) 4 T OYESTER SAUCE
3)1 TEASPOON PALM SUGAR
4)1 TABLESPOON CURRY POWDER(INDIAN CURRY POWDER)
5) 3/4 TABLESPOON GINGER JUICE
6) 1 TABLESPOON OIL
METHOD
1)MARINADE THE CHICKEN IN ABOVE MIX AND KEEP FOR MINIMUM TWO HOURS
2) SKEWER ON TO BAMBOO STICKS.
3) BARBEQUE ON CHARCOAL BBQ PREFERABLY AND SERVE WITH PEANUT SAUCE.


MARINATED SATAYS GRILLING TO PERFECTION








PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE
INGREDIENTS
1)3 LARGE TABLESPOONS ROASTED PEANUTS WITH SKIN SMASHED IN PESTLE AND MORTAR
2) 1 CUP COCONUT MILK
3)3/4 TABLESPOON PALM SUGAR
4)1 T RED CURRY PASTE
5)SALT TO TASTE
METHOD
1)HEAT COCONUT MILK
2)ADD SMASHED PEANUTS AND BOIL




3)ADD PALM SUGAR
4)ADD CURRY PASTE AND MIX
5)SEASON WITH SALT AND TASTE.
6)SAUCE WILL THICKEN AS IT COOLS



















6 comments:

  1. These really look wonderful and they sound delicious. This is my first visit to your blog and I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey divya I too am a fan of thai cuisine especially thai chicken curry and appetisers. I will be visiting bangkok and krabi next month for a week. So now inspired by your idea I too want to take a cooking class on thai cuisine. The web has too many options on culinary schools in these cities, can you suggest me where should I take the class ? Also are there any ingredients in thai cuisine that are not locally available in india , so that I can buy those items from thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear karishma,
    ho are you?
    im so glad you like thai food as it is one of my favorites. i know of a super cooking class in pattaya. and phuket unfortunately i have not been to krabi. Firstly your hotel usually will have cooking classes. what i do is i go to the hotel and check out their thai restaurant menu and let them know all that im interested in and they arrange a cooking class with the chef. The other school ive been to is the siam cooking school which is a basic for foreigners and tourists. It get s you to extract your own coconut milk in a group and make, tom yum soup,thai green curry and pad thai sauce from scratch and the cooking is shown in an EXTREMELY simple manner if you re interested ill send you more details on your email id. i even requested the chef to incorporate thai chicken in basil and chilli and he showed that to me thanks so much divya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear divya,
      I'm doing very well hope all is well at your end too. Please send me the details of the Siam cooking school will look into it and try to decide. Also I would like your opinion on a cookery school in krabi called krabi thai cookery school conducted by Mrs Yah. Trip advisor claims it to be a good school for thai cooking but I'm not too sure. If you could check out their website and let me know if its good to attend.

      Delete
  4. My email I'd is Karishmakalro11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi divya have been waiting for your email on cooking class you recommend in bangkok. Also I do not get fresh kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal in coimbatore. So can I buy these from the local markets in bangkok and store them in my refrigerator ?

    ReplyDelete